Tuesday, May 27, 2008

SALES IN / RADIO'S ON





Hot Stylz - Lookin Boy

I've had a few 'WTF' moments this morning so I'm gonna change the format here slightly, although thats implying that I have some kind of format with this ... yeah, ok I'll just get on with it.

So it appears we've got the next wave of comedic snap songs coming out (Yeah I thought it was over too). Block Ent have their newly signed group Hot Stylz from Chicago, who look to have a "Laffy Taffy" like hit on their hands with Lookin' Boy. The video is actually quite funny and I think its cool that they're parodying the current trends, not sure if Yung Joc fits in tho. "Lookin Boy" is currently #21 at Urban Radio and is moving quite well. I'd say we'll be seeing it on Rhythmic and Mainstream playlists in June/July.

Warner Bro's new ATL artist V.I.C is sure to be a one-hit wonder with his Soulja Boy produced "Get Silly". Radio, do we really need to hear this? To me Soulja Boy was fun; (a) because he's a kid, (b), because he didn't take himself seriously. V.I.C on the other hand looks like he's pretty serious about it. It's quite awful if you ask me.

Moving along to proper music, Lil' Wayne now has three singles at different radio formats. "Lollipop" #1 Rhythmic / #7 Top40, "A Milli" #24 Urban, and just this week his T-Pain assisted "Got Money" has impacted the Rhythmic Charts jumping from #57 up to #36. As generic as "Got Money" is, I can pretty much assure you its going straight to the top. Great for Weezy as Tha Carter III is apparently in stores June 10th. Click here for the album snippets

Plies & NeYo's "Bust It Baby Pt 2" is headed straight for #1 the next week or two @ Rhythmic and has just broken into the Mainstream Top40. This record has alot of life left in it.

Other notable records moving quite well are The Dream's "I Luv Your Girl" and Kardi & Akon's "Dangerous" which looks like its headed for top 10 territory. Despite its success, I hope it's the last song I ever hear called "Dangerous".

G-Unit have been trying to put out singles for the past 6 months and nothing is catching on? Their new joint "I Like The Way She Do It" just scrapes in at #40 Urban Radio .. but it'll be gone next week. Interscope have got it rough right now. If it weren't for Akon's artists, Game & Keyshia Cole they'd probably be ready to scrap their entire urban department.

Finally, I'm not a big fan of Jordin Sparks but I'm not gonna lie to you, I like "No Air". If I hear it on the radio or tv I'll listen, unlike almost everything else they play on Fox or Nova.

Thats all.

Sources: nahright.com | fmqb.com


No comments: