Tuesday, September 16, 2008

AND RIGHTLY SO...


An update on my little outburst the other day regarding Warner's career-stalling decision to pull Estelle's album from iTunes in the US. Rumours from Hits and Idolator suggest iTunes threatened to pull all of Warner's catalogue from the splash promo pages of its stores (except of course Metallica) in a retaliation to the move.

Say what you want about the house that Jobs built - DRM, a monopoly etc - but at least they are giving these fucking dinosaurs a head check every now and then.

By the way, I have also just realised that these posts may paint me to be a bit of an Estelle stanley, which I am most certainly not (Memph on the other hand, I'm not so sure ha). I championed her when 1980 came out (way before the 80's Baby / 80's craze started mind you) and Shine is an okay to good album, but this has nothing to do with Estelle, and everything to do with how simply and consistently out of touch Warner and the majors are with their market.


No comments: