Wednesday, October 29, 2008

AUSSIES GETTING HITS VIA GREY'S ANATOMY


While doing my regular browse of the US radio reports at FMQB today, I was surprised to see Aussie artist Missy Higgins with #39 entry in the Hot AC top 40, the third largest radio format in the US.

I knew Higgins had a deal in the US with Reprise via Warner Music but I figured there had to be an explanation for the increasing airplay of her single "Where I Stood" ... The answer: Grey's Anatomy, The Hills, Smallville, One Tree Hill and a host of other TV shows the song was featured in.

"Where I Stood" has also sold over 100k at iTunes and I'm guessing Higgins' current North American tour is giving her label an added incentive to push her project stateside.

Where's your US hit single Delta?

http://www.myspace.com/missyhiggins

No comments: