Thursday, October 09, 2008

WHERES THE BEYONCE/FREEMASONS RECORDS?



I'm sure you heard the new Beyonce singles. Now I just wanna take a moment to talk about this confusing quote from the recent MTV article on the leaked Beyonce tracks:
B also decided to follow the example of Etta James and broaden her horizons."Etta expressed herself; she was bold," Beyoncé said. "That inspired me to do a lot of things musically that no one else is doing."
I love when artists have this attitude, its great. But I only love this attitude when artists practice what they preach. To make myself clear:

The first of B's two new singles is the Toby Gad produced "If I Were A Boy" which borrows its theme heavily from The Clutch penned "Like A Boy" by Ciara. Not to mention it sounds pretty damn close to much of the 07-08 Stargate tracks. The second single is the Tricky Stewart/The-Dream produced "Single Ladies" which has a striking resemblance to her own track "Get Me Bodied".

To add, its just now been revealed that Beyonce's upcoming album will be titled I Am ... the same title as Nas' unnecessarily criticised third album, released in '98.

I don't get it.

I was hanging for a Freemasons produced Beyonce dance record too.

No comments: