Sunday, April 12, 2009

MONICA x THE DREAM = I LIKE MONICA AGAIN




This is not confirmed but I'm 90% sure: Written by The-Dream, Produced by Tricky Stewart & L.O.S.

Get the CDQ mp3 over @ BMF

"One In A Lifetime" is rumored to be the first single from Monica's upcoming 2009 album. I haven't loved Monica since her 2003 album, After The Storm, which at the time was one of my favourite albums. So in dedication of Monica's return I'm going to take you on a brief trip down memory lane with my favourite joints from After The Storm:



Monica - Ain't Gonna Cry No More (Produced By Darkchild, Written by LaShawn Daniels)



Monica Ft DMX - Don't Gotta Go Home (Produced by Ryan Bowser, Written by Antoine Macon, DMX)



Monica ft Tyrese - Go To Bed Mad (Produced by Ryan Bowser, Written by Andre Deyo)

I'm not sure if this joint influenced Ne-Yo's song "Mad" but it definitely serves as the predecessor topically.



Monica - Down 4 Whatever (Written by LaShawn Daniels)

I intentionally left out "So Gone" and "Should've Known Better" cause I'm sure you've heard those joints a thousand times. Finally, do you remember the leaked joint that never made the album called "All Eyez On Me" that samples "P.Y.T"? It sounds so dated now, but I must share considering its Darkchild and LaShawn:

Monica - All Eyez On Me


No comments: