Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"50,000?.....You got 50,000 on Double Dragon?"

"California"
So one of my favorite movies of all time was released on this day 20 years ago.
Changing my life forever & providing me with
my first addiction.
NIN-MUTHAFUCKING-TENDO!!!
Looking past the silly but fun plot this is a shameless & immodest 90 min long
Nintendo ad.
OH YES!!!
While plugging & product placing their copious amounts of
smash hits they introduced the failed yet memorable
POWER GLOVE
& unveiled the much adored
SUPER MARIO BROS 3.
The cast is sprinkled with familiar faces like
Fred Savage-The Wonder Years
Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley
Beau Bridges
Christian Slater
& Frank Mcrae A.K.A the big dude from
Batteries Not Included.
B grade to some, red carpet to me.
And then there's the soundtrack with pop smashes by
Bobby Brown & New Kids On The Block
plus the unforgettable Real Life classic
"SEND ME AN ANGEL"
*oh face*
Conclusion:
10/10
100%
etc etc.
NES FOR LIFE.
It's ya boy Zac-Hayse
Holla!!!



Some of these scenes were not in the movie.
Just in case you wanted to know.......


Happy 20th to "The Wizard"


The introduction of my childhood hero & Jimmy Woods' nemesis
Lucas Barton.
"I love the Power Glove....It's so bad"

1 comment:

FUEGO said...

this is incredibly gay... yet hilarious and awesome.