Friday, December 04, 2009

52ND GRAMMY NOMINATIONS


Yeah I know its pretty fucking trivial and pointless to sit around discussing who should and shouldn't have been nominated, but I just want to give my two cents real quick to the most ill-advised field of all:

Best Contemporary R&B Album
(For albums containing 51% or more playing time of VOCAL tracks.)

I Am... Sasha Fierce
Beyoncé
[Music World Music/Columbia]

Intuition
Jamie Foxx
[J Records]

The Introduction Of Marcus Cooper
Pleasure P
[Swagga Ent./Atlantic]

Ready
Trey Songz
[Songbook/Atlantic]

Thr33 Ringz
T-Pain
[Jive Records]

First off, no disrespect to any of the above artists. I have listened to all of the above albums and enjoyed them for the most part, although I can't help but feel like the following artists who really contributed to R&B both commercially and/or artistically have been left out:

The-Dream - Love Vs Money

Chrisette Michele - Epiphany

Brandy - Human

Mario - DNA

Ryan Leslie - Ryan Leslie

I can't say I didn't see this coming though. A producer I follow on twitter involved in the voting for this category had mentioned earlier in the year that the ballot sucked, and there were a whole bunch of artists left out.

Lets just let it be Beyonce's night. Its inevitable innit?

You can view the full list of nominees here.

The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards will take place on January 31, 2010

No comments: