Tuesday, November 11, 2008

PLIES IS REAL-LY DOING THIS


I'm sure I'm not the only one who is surprised that Atlantic have green-lit Plies' third album Da Realist to be released this year, considering his sophomore album Definition of Real was only just released in June. I guess they're trying to capitalise on the holiday season rush.

Don't get me wrong, I'm admittedly a Plies fan. He certainly has a way with words, especially when speaking to women, but lets be realistic, Definition of Real sold 214k in its first week (the same week as Carter III) which was fueled greatly by the Ne-Yo assisted "Bust It Baby 2" and numerous Plies guest appearances. Da Realist is yet to have a lead single and Algernods buzz certainly isn't what it was in May/June of this year, so I think I'm justified in being a little worried for the guy, regardless of whether the album is as he has said "the best album of 2008" or not.

Da Realist is out December 16th via Slip-N-Slide/Atlantic.

Full Tracklist Here

No comments: