Tuesday, January 12, 2010

LAGY GAGA SCORES FIFTH #1


From FMQB

Lady Gaga picks up right where she left off in 2009 with her first #1 single of 2010, "Bad Romance." This marks the first time an artist has scored five #1 singles at radio in a row from a debut album.

"Just six months ago 'Bad Romance' was nothing but a dream, a recurring melody, a lyric hidden on a napkin on my tour bus," commented Gaga. "Now it's my fifth #1 record, and a reminder to fans to always follow their dreams. I would like to thank all my beautiful little monsters, radio, and my incredibly supportive team for the most memorable year of my life. To have had such a phenomenal reception to my second album, The Fame Monster, is life-changing. I'm so happy I could die."

"Bad Romance" follows "Just Dance," "Poker Face," "LoveGame" and "Paparazzi" as #1 singles at radio.

For a while now I've been telling my friends who question Gaga's talent that they are watching history in the making.

Hate it or love it, in 20 years time we'll look back on her as a pop music icon. The same way we do with Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Annie Lennox and so on.

No comments: