Monday, April 21, 2008

SO MACBOOK AIR WORKED FOR SOMEONE



Yael Naim - New Soul


I'm not so much fascinated by this song, nor do I particularly enjoy it, But, it never ceases to amaze me how powerful Apple Mac advertising campaigns are for independent and relatively unknown artists.

Yael Naim is a french-israeli folk/jazz singer who released her 2007 debut album Yael Naim in France and received moderate success. Then Apple Billionaire Guy Steve Jobs went and picked this song for their MacBook Air Video Ad Campaign and suddenly Yael has the #7 song in the World United Charts. (Including #7 Billboard 100)

Can Yael build a career off this or have a successful second single? I doubt it. But Jet & Feist both seem to be doing pretty well after Apple Advertising placements, although they're far more established than Yael. (BTW, Feist's "1234" was written by Sally Seltmann from Melbourne)

So the MacBook Air might make you wanna get on iTunes and buy Yael Naim's "New Soul" but ... I don't think anything could make you want to buy the MacBook Air tho. (Yeah I know it has no wireless)

I'm off .. Moral of the story, I'd like a song on an Apple commercial. That would be nice, Steve.

No comments: